June 18th, 2016 was all about the Flying Tigers at the Planes of Fame Air Museum in Chino, CA. Charlene Fontaine was our presenter on this day which included a speaker panel of distinguished aviation experts, historians and veterans. A P-40 Warhawk was also on display.
It was well attended by folks of all ages (5 years to 98) They were so grateful for all the work our organization does and all those who share the past to keep history alive.
We were honored to have CBI Vets join us:
Fred Dunn, Army Signal Corps, USAAF
Anthony “Lou” Ayala, 3rd and 26th Repair Squadron, Army Air Corp 3rd & 26th Repair Squad
Arnold Bryant, Crew Chief, Air Transport Command, Army Air Corp. China & India
Charles Tucker, tail gunner 12th bomb group India
Our Cubs and GrandCubs were there as well:
Bud Henier’s family
John and Jody Marcon
Gary, Rene and Hayley Heiner
Johnny and Mie Marcon
Jake and Aexa Marcon
Mel McMullen’s wife Jennifer and Cub
Tim McMullen and wife Carolyn Swanson
Linda Burkett Crist daughter of Ray Burkett and Mother of James Burkett scholarship winner
Bill Finkelstein son of Henry Finkelstein
It was an honor to meet everyone and hear their stories of our amazing Tiger Dads. We are so blessed to have them with us.
Your shopping cart is empty.
Items/Products added to Cart will show here.
- Black Border – Verlin Abbott 1954-2017 August 13, 2017
- Learn about Flying the P-38 February 8, 2017
- Happy 2016 to Our Tiger Family & Friends!!! December 31, 2015
- You’re Invited to the Historical Kick-off Party for Peace to… January 14, 2015
- Monterey Park Library to host WWII Flying Tigers in China exhibit November 27, 2014