Join us on the Burma Road as we travel to Kunming, China
The 320 men of the 69th DRS drove 90-100 vehicles from Camp Kamcharapara, Calcutta, across the Ledo/Burma Road to Kunming, China, a distance of 1,708 miles.
All of the trucks were manufactured by the General Motors Corporation (GMC) traveled an average of 75 miles per day, taking 23 days to reach Kunming.
Those who drove heavy equipment could only average 40 miles per day and took about 40 days to reach Kunming.
Your shopping cart is empty.
Items/Products added to Cart will show here.
- Learn about Flying the P-38 February 8, 2017
- Happy 2016 to Our Tiger Family & Friends!!! December 31, 2015
- You’re Invited to the Historical Kick-off Party for Peace to… January 14, 2015
- Monterey Park Library to host WWII Flying Tigers in China exhibit November 27, 2014
- Welcome to the Flying Tigers 69th DRS Blog November 26, 2014