Gerofit is a supervised exercise program for older Veterans that was developed at the VA Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina, in 1986. As a part of Gerofit, you are given a personal exercise program based on your physical profile and goals. You are welcome to remain in the program as long as they wish.
Gerofit can include individual and group based exercises such as Tai Chi, line dancing, balance, core coordination, and strengthening classes. Your exercise program may include treadmills, elliptical machines, stair climbers, bicycles and a variety of strengthening machines. Guidance in carrying out the exercise program is provided by trained exercise staff such as a nurse or physical therapist.
Participants in the program have demonstrated improved health, physical function and well-being. They have shown improvements in blood pressure, diabetes management, symptom management, well-being, quality of life, physical function, overall fitness, and longevity.
CLICK HERE to more information about this benefit from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Your shopping cart is empty.
Items/Products added to Cart will show here.
- Black Border – Verlin Abbott 1954-2017 August 13, 2017
- Learn about Flying the P-38 February 8, 2017
- Happy 2016 to Our Tiger Family & Friends!!! December 31, 2015
- You’re Invited to the Historical Kick-off Party for Peace to… January 14, 2015
- Monterey Park Library to host WWII Flying Tigers in China exhibit November 27, 2014
November 5 @ 2:00 AM