Black Border: Bill Misina – July 2, 1925 – Sept 19, 2018
William “Grizzly Bill” Misina, age 93, peacefully passed away September 19, 2018, at his home. His family was with him. Bill was born July 2, 1925 to John and Maria Misina in Chicago IL. Survivors include Marilyn, his wife of 62 years, daughters Diane (Mike) Neperud of Hubertus WI, Donna Misina (Larry Fraser) of New Brighton MN, son John (Diane) Misina of St Germain, grandsons Bryan (Megan) Neperud of Fox Point WI, Scott Neperud of Ogden Utah, Jack Misina and Joe Misina of St Germain, and great grandson Zachary Neperud.
Bill was a veteran of WWII, serving in the Army Air Corp and later as a realtor in the Northwoods for many years. He is best known as “Grizzly Bill” from the years when he and Marilyn owned Grizzly Bill’s Bait and Tackle shop in Lac du Flambeau. A private Celebration of Life will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Salvation Army or a charity of choice.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Buy Purple Foxes Foxes
- What it means to be a ‘Cub’… November 12, 2018
- 2018 Memorial Service – Nov. 12 October 30, 2018
- Bob Friend at Planes of Fame!! August 5, 2018
- Thanks for your support! Mark your calendars! February 12, 2018
- This Saturday Feb 3…come join us at Planes of Fame to Learn of The Forgotten War: China-Burma-India February 1, 2018