In 2005, the Chinese government officially observed the 60th Anniversary of the Defeat of Japan. While none of the Tigers could make the trip, a few of the Tiger Cubs were able to go in their place.
Arriving in Shanghai, the first stop was in Weifang where the Japanese operated an internment camp for non-Chinese citizens captured during the invasion. Several of the camp buildings had been renovated and the site turned into a memorial park which was formally dedicated on the 60th Anniversary of the end of the war.
And no trip to China would be complete without a visit to the Great Wall before flying out of Beijing to return home.
You can follow the 2005 tour using the links below.
- “The Forgotten War: China, Burma, India” December 14, 2017
- Black Border – Verlin Abbott 1954-2017 August 13, 2017
- Learn about Flying the P-38 February 8, 2017
- Happy 2016 to Our Tiger Family & Friends!!! December 31, 2015
- You’re Invited to the Historical Kick-off Party for Peace to… January 14, 2015