In 2005, the Chinese government officially observed the 60th Anniversary of the Defeat of Japan. While none of the Tigers could make the trip, a few of the Tiger Cubs were able to go in their place.
Arriving in Shanghai, the first stop was in Weifang where the Japanese operated an internment camp for non-Chinese citizens captured during the invasion. Several of the camp buildings had been renovated and the site turned into a memorial park which was formally dedicated on the 60th Anniversary of the end of the war.
And no trip to China would be complete without a visit to the Great Wall before flying out of Beijing to return home.
You can follow the 2005 tour using the links below.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Buy Purple Foxes Foxes
- What it means to be a ‘Cub’… November 12, 2018
- 2018 Memorial Service – Nov. 12 October 30, 2018
- Bob Friend at Planes of Fame!! August 5, 2018
- Thanks for your support! Mark your calendars! February 12, 2018
- This Saturday Feb 3…come join us at Planes of Fame to Learn of The Forgotten War: China-Burma-India February 1, 2018