Join us on the Burma Road as we travel to Kunming, China
The 320 men of the 69th DRS drove 90-100 vehicles from Camp Kamcharapara, Calcutta, across the Ledo/Burma Road to Kunming, China, a distance of 1,708 miles.
All of the trucks were manufactured by the General Motors Corporation (GMC) traveled an average of 75 miles per day, taking 23 days to reach Kunming.
Those who drove heavy equipment could only average 40 miles per day and took about 40 days to reach Kunming.
- Thanks for your support! Mark your calendars! February 12, 2018
- This Saturday Feb 3…come join us at Planes of Fame to Learn of The Forgotten War: China-Burma-India February 1, 2018
- “The Forgotten War: China, Burma, India” December 14, 2017
- Black Border – Verlin Abbott 1954-2017 August 13, 2017
- Learn about Flying the P-38 February 8, 2017