This is the view of “The Mighty Hump” as it was seen by every pilot and crew member that ever crossed the Himalayan Mountains by “flying the hump.” It was an awesome sight of nothing but — snow — ice — and strong winds. A lot of good, brave men lost their lives flying cargo and passengers over this hunk of ice and snow.
From December 1st, 1942 to November 15th, 1945, pilots and crew delivered a total of 776,653 tons of war materials at the cost of 910 crewmen, 130 passengers, 594 planes and only 75 men rescued. A terrible price to pay, but these pilots and crew members delivered!
- “The Forgotten War: China, Burma, India” December 14, 2017
- Black Border – Verlin Abbott 1954-2017 August 13, 2017
- Learn about Flying the P-38 February 8, 2017
- Happy 2016 to Our Tiger Family & Friends!!! December 31, 2015
- You’re Invited to the Historical Kick-off Party for Peace to… January 14, 2015