Long before the advent of the satellite phones, the Internet and Skype, Mail Call was the highlight of the day for military personnel deployed far from home. Mail was your link to your family and the world. Whether it came in the form of a 2 week old newspaper, a letter or a package of home baked treats (usually stale due to the lengthy delivery time), everyone longed to hear their name called by the Mail Clerk.
Frank LaPeruta was the 69th DRS Mail Clerk. Frank is no longer with us, but he continues to bring us the news in the form of a quarterly newsletter; LaPeruta Mail Call. It only takes a few seconds to subscribe, just use the box in the right margin.
- “The Forgotten War: China, Burma, India” December 14, 2017
- Black Border – Verlin Abbott 1954-2017 August 13, 2017
- Learn about Flying the P-38 February 8, 2017
- Happy 2016 to Our Tiger Family & Friends!!! December 31, 2015
- You’re Invited to the Historical Kick-off Party for Peace to… January 14, 2015