William J. (Bill) Laun (June 6, 1911 – June 6, 2018)
Whiting – William J. Laun, 107, of Whiting, passed away Monday, August 6, 2018 at ArtistaCare at Whiting. Born in Manhattan, NY, he lived in Valley Stream, Long Island, NY before moving to Whiting in 1979. William was a lithographic pressman for Peter Mallon Printing Co. in Long Island City, NY for 41 years, retiring in 1974. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II and a member of the Flying Tigers serving in China. He was a member of the Whiting United Methodist Church.
William was predeceased by his wife, Esther Laun in 2005 and his brother, George Laun, Jr. He is survived by his cousin, Claudia Celmer; Niece, Christine Laudorn and several other nieces and nephews.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Buy Purple Foxes Foxes
- What it means to be a ‘Cub’… November 12, 2018
- 2018 Memorial Service – Nov. 12 October 30, 2018
- Bob Friend at Planes of Fame!! August 5, 2018
- Thanks for your support! Mark your calendars! February 12, 2018
- This Saturday Feb 3…come join us at Planes of Fame to Learn of The Forgotten War: China-Burma-India February 1, 2018